ITDH – INTRODUCTION TO DEFENSIVE HANDGUN – POWERED BY IDS
ITDH – Introduction To Defensive Handgun is an intuitive shooting course for anyone wanting to learn the difference between shooting a handgun and how to use a handgun efficiently in the context of self defense.
Students will be exposed to the core concepts of the IDS Program.
- Develop Safety as a skill.
- Considerations for choosing a defensive handgun.
- Handgun Manipulation.
- Plausibility Principal.
- Skill Development Cycle.
- Defensive Shooting Fundamentals and how they apply to the handgun.
- Various shooting drills and techniques to help make the shooter more Efficient vs Effective.
- Using the Body’s Natural Reaction during a critical incident, we’ll be using the handgun in the context of a potential lethal threat at a two arms length or beyond.
- Combat Accuracy vs Target Shooting.
- Realistic Multiple Target Engagement.
- End of course debrief.
COURSE TUITION: $125
- Bring your defensive firearm or one can be rented $25
- You will need at least two magazines
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and Electronic Ear Protection if you have it, If not it will be provided
- Fluids to keep you hydrated
- A Positive Learning Attitude
- You’re Range Fee of $10
Thank you so much for everything that you have taught me the past two days! I’ve definitely learned a lot and I’m looking forward to taking more classes with you soon. You guys are great role models and I look up to both of you. Thank you again!!!!
Every course I’ve taken has helped me to be more comfortable using my guns. Maggie & Ken have an amazing ability to evaluate a person & help them to properly correct their skills.
I had an amazing time. I learned so much and instructors were great and knowledgable. At the end of the day I felt comfortable in handling my hand gun. Thank you for giving me that confidence and I’ll be seeing you real soon for more training.